Netflix TV series The Crown has walked away with six awards at the 2018 Emmy Awards, with Claire Foy winning Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her portrayal of the Queen.
The Crown won the following awards:
- Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Claire Foy
- Directing for a Drama Series: Stephen Daldry for “Paterfamilias” (EP209)
- Last week was the presentation ceremony for the other Emmy awards, and THE CROWN also won:
- Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series: THE CROWN
- Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (One Hour): “Beryl” (EP204)
- Outstanding Period Costumes: “Dear Mrs. Kennedy” (EP208)
The Crown Series 3 will return in 2019 — with Robert Lacey continuing his work as the series historical consultant. Robert is currently working on his sequel to the companion book to series 1, provisionally entitled The Crown – Women, Truth and Power, due for publication in the autumn-winter of 2019.
You can see all the awards on the Emmy Awards website